Anaesthetic Nursing (6 Days)
To enable the Registered Nurse to develop a broad knowledge base and to enhance their skills in the care of people undergoing or recovering from anaesthesia.
By the end of this course the Registered Nurse will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scientific basis for the management of the patient during the induction, maintenance, reversal and recovery phases of anaesthesia
- Discuss a range of current research pertinent to anaesthetic and recovery nursing
- Reflect on their pre-existing practice and how this practice can be enhanced
- Debate the ethical/legal aspects that are relevant to professional accountability in the nursing management of patients undergoing anaesthesia and recovery
- Demonstrate development in the care management of patients undergoing and recovering from anaesthesia
- Manage risk in the anaesthetic room and recovery environment to ensure patient safety
- Demonstrate the development of the skills required by the nurse during the induction, maintenance, reversal and recovery phases of anaesthesia
- Collaborate effectively as part of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure safe, effective and high quality patient-centred care is delivered
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.