Respiratory Update for Paediatric Physiotherapists working in the Community
Update Paediatric physiotherapists working in the community on the respiratory management of children and young people on their caseload.
By the end of the course participants should:
- have a revised knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system including paediatric differences
- be able to explain why children with complex health needs are at greater risk of respiratory compromise and morbidity
- be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of a paediatric respiratory assessment, subjective and objective
- be able to use clinical reasoning and evidence based practice to identify relevant airway clearance techniques appropriate for the individual child
- have gained a theoretical and practical knowledge of cough adjuncts.
- be able to understand and identify any precautions and contraindications to treatment techniques
- have gained a greater understanding of the role of a community respiratory physiotherapist and how this fits into the wider MDT
Paediatric Physiotherapists working in the community
1 Day to focus on theory based lectures, group workshops and case discussions to cover core knowledge in paediatric respiratory medicine and physiotherapy assessment/management
Course Tutor: Rachel Evans, Independent Respiratory Physiotherapist
Please note, places will not be allocated until after the closing date. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by emai.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates