Delirium Awareness Session
To increase the nurses knowledge and understanding of Delirium in the Older Person in The Acute Care Hospital Setting
By the end of the half study day participants will be able to:
- Understand the serious impact of delirium on the older adult in hospital
- Identify signs and symptoms of delirium
- Identify baseline risk factors or "predisposing factors" for delirium
- Recognise common precipitating causes of delirium
- Implement nursing interventions to prevent or manage delirium
Registered Nurses working with Older People in the Acute Care setting.
Lecture, case scenario and discussion.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates