Respiratory Nursing - 2 Day Programme
To develop the participant's knowledge and skills in relation to nursing people with Respiratory Disease.
By the end of the 2 day programme, participants will have:
- Revised the anatomy and physiology of the Cardiorespiratory System
- Examined the assessment, diagnosis and management of COPD
- Considered inhaler techniques and a range of inhaler therapies
- Discussed the management of the breathless patient
- Reviewed blood gas analysis and pulse oximetry related to COPD
- Examined long term oxygen therapy assessment and Oxygen Concentrators
- A better understanding of the British Thoracic Society's Guidelines 2008 on Emergency Oxygen use in adult patients
- Examined Non-invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation (NIPPV) in the COPD exacerbation
- An enhanced understanding of Spirometry findings in clinical practice
- An enhanced understanding of Respiratory Nutrition and the Dietician's role
- Discussed the importance of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Completed smoking cessation brief intervention training with a smoking cessation officer.
Registered Nurses - acute or community. Not suitable for Paediatric Nurses
Tutor facilitation, lecture, group discussion and individual participation.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.