Respiratory Nursing - 2 Day Programme
To develop the participant's knowledge and skills in relation to nursing people with Respiratory Disease.
By the end of the 2 day programme, participants will have:
- Revised the anatomy and physiology of the Cardiorespiratory System
- Examined the assessment, diagnosis and management of COPD
- Considered inhaler techniques and a range of inhaler therapies
- Discussed the management of the breathless patient
- Reviewed blood gas analysis and pulse oximetry related to COPD
- Examined long term oxygen therapy assessment and Oxygen Concentrators
- A better understanding of the British Thoracic Society's Guidelines 2008 on Emergency Oxygen use in adult patients
- Examined Non-invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation (NIPPV) in the COPD exacerbation
- An enhanced understanding of Spirometry findings in clinical practice
- An enhanced understanding of Respiratory Nutrition and the Dietician's role
- Discussed the importance of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Completed smoking cessation brief intervention training with a smoking cessation officer.
Registered Nurses - acute or community. Not suitable for Paediatric Nurses
Tutor facilitation, lecture, group discussion and individual participation.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates