Renal Impairment in the Acute Care Setting - Caring for the Patient with (An Introductory Workshop for RN's)
To increase the knowledge and understanding of Registered Nurses about the recognition, treatment and holistic nursing care of patients with various stages of renal disease within a multi-professional team.
At the end of the study day, participants will be able to:
- Describe the normal and disordered structure and functions of the renal system and associated blood chemistry
- Outline the difference between acute and chronic renal impairment
- Discuss the clinical manifestations of renal impairment and the associated disordered physiology
- Discuss the holistic care of patients with renal impairment and how that should be experience by the patient
- Outline the support mechanisms available for patients with renal impairment and how the nurse facilitates access to those
- Discuss the treatment modalities for patients with renal impairment and the lifestyle effects of each
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.