Loss, Grief & Bereavement for RNs + HCA's working with Children (WHSCT)
To improve the knowledge and skills of the nurse caring for children and families facing issues of loss, grief and bereavement.
To raise awareness of the importance of the use of effective communication skills and how these skills can be used to improve patient care and the overall patient and family experience.
At the end of this programme you should be able to:
- Recognise the issues faced by children and their families when dealing with issues of loss, grief and bereavement
- Evaluate personal and professional experience of loss
- Discuss issues relevant to children and parents facing end of life and into bereavement
- Explain the importance of good communication in the healthcare setting
- Recognise what prevents good communication
- Name commonly used communication skills
- Apply communication skills in practice
- Recognise the importance of self care
Registered Nurses + HCAs
Delivery will involve presentations, discussions, group work, demonstrations and experiential learning via scenarios, identified by facilitators or participants
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates