Childrens HCA 2 Day Annual Update for Childrens Ward Nursing Auxillaries
This 2 day programme will develop and update the knowledge, skills and attitudes of the nursing auxiliary in the safe and effective care of the sick child in hospital.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss and apply the principles of child protection / safeguarding children and take appropriate measures if any concerns
- Handle and move children safely
- Discuss relevance of undertaking observations of vital signs/PEWS in a child, and action appropriately
- Outline the role of the children’s support worker in a paediatric emergency situation, initiating, or supporting others, in basic life support when required
- Apply the principles of environmental cleanliness
- Review the legal and professional aspects relating to care of children and the role of children’s support worker, e.g. consent, boundaries, record keeping, communication.
Children's Ward based nursing auxiliaries
Lecture and discussion.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates