Recovery - Care of Child in Recovery Department
This 2-day course will provide a background for registered general nurses working in theatre’s paediatric recovery area, in the safe care of children in the immediate postoperative phase.
The nurse caring for children in the immediate post-operative recovery phase will:
- Discuss how to meet the physical, social and psychological needs of the child in Recovery: Partnership with parents.
- Describe the normal physiological parameters / vital signs in the child and how children differ from adults and appropriate action if abnormal.
- Recognise the key emergency risks & complications that may occur, e.g. shock & haemorrhage.
- Outline the principles of fluid management of the child.
- Discuss safe administration of medicines to children and undertake drug calculations efficiently.
- Discuss approaches to pain assessment & management of the child.
- Consider legal and professional issues in caring for children.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.