WHSCT Induction Programme (Band 5)
To prepare newly qualified Band 5 registered nurses to deliver safe and effective care to a range of adult patients in acute clinical settings within the Western Trust.
At the end of this programme you should be able to:
- Assess patients using a range of validated tools to identify and predict risk.
- Accurately complete relevant documentation in accordance with best practice guidance on records and record keeping (NIPEC, 2013; NMC, 2015).
- Apply the principles of “Standards for medicines management (NMC, 2010) and Trust policy when administering medications, including oxygen administration.
- Apply knowledge of blood transfusion practices and haemovigilance.
- Accurately complete diabetic documentation and adhere to related protocols
- Critically discuss the importance of accurate completion of fluid prescription and balance chart for children and adults
- Apply best practice guidelines in the care of vulnerable groups in adult care setting
- Recognise areas of accountability and responsibility within your role and adhere to NMC: The Code (NMC, 2015).
- Recognise and discuss when there is a need for palliative care and bereavement intervention in adult care setting.
Band 5 Registered Nurses (new recruits)
Lecture, discussion, group work, demonstrations + simulated practice.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.