WHSCT Induction Programme (Band 5)
To prepare newly qualified Band 5 registered nurses to deliver safe and effective care to a range of adult patients in acute clinical settings within the Western Trust.
At the end of this programme you should be able to:
- Assess patients using a range of validated tools to identify and predict risk.
- Accurately complete relevant documentation in accordance with best practice guidance on records and record keeping (NIPEC, 2013; NMC, 2015).
- Apply the principles of “Standards for medicines management (NMC, 2010) and Trust policy when administering medications, including oxygen administration.
- Apply knowledge of blood transfusion practices and haemovigilance.
- Accurately complete diabetic documentation and adhere to related protocols
- Critically discuss the importance of accurate completion of fluid prescription and balance chart for children and adults
- Apply best practice guidelines in the care of vulnerable groups in adult care setting
- Recognise areas of accountability and responsibility within your role and adhere to NMC: The Code (NMC, 2015).
- Recognise and discuss when there is a need for palliative care and bereavement intervention in adult care setting.
Band 5 Registered Nurses (new recruits)
Lecture, discussion, group work, demonstrations + simulated practice.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates