To develop knowledge and skills relating to the minor suturing of wounds
- Define the purpose of sutures
- Describe how to assess a patient and wound before considering the use of sutures
- Discuss pertinent aspects of accountability and responsibility in relation to suturing and expanding the scope of nursing practice
- Discuss the appropriate use of a range of suturing materials and equipment
- Outline the characteristics of wounds which should NOT be sutured
- Discuss infection control consideration
- Summarise the information and advice given to patients before discharge
- Explore policies in relation to suturing by nurses
Nurses on all parts of the Professional Register - not suitable for childrens nurses
Combination of theory and practical workshop
Please note that supervised practice is required following the course
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.