McKinley T34 Syringe Pump Training Workshop
To provide Registered Nurses with the opportunity to gain knowledge of the CME McKinley T34 syringe pump. To facilitate insight and understanding surrounding the appropriate use of syringe pumps in palliative care/cancer care.
- List the reasons for choosing a syringe pump in the palliative care/cancer care setting
- Discuss advantages/disadvantages for use
- Identify possible sites for infusion
- List equipment requires
- Discuss the settings of syringe pump
- List potential problems and be able to discuss potential solutions
- List commonly used medications and indications for their use in a syringe pump
- Demonstrate the practical use of the syringe pump in a simulated practice environment
Lecture and discussion.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates