Continence for Nursing Assistants
To update knowledge and enhance skills in the care of patients/clients who have continence needs.
At the end of the session the participants will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of holistic assessment in continence and the role of the health care assistant.
- Identify and discuss the various continence products in use.
- Discuss the importance of communication skills and the demonstration of respect and dignity when dealing with continence problems.
- Discuss the importance of effective skin care in continence care.
- Discuss infection control and waste disposal principles.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates