Learning Disability: Caring For People With A Learning Disability In Acute Care Settings
To provide participants with increased knowledge and understanding of the needs of people who have a learning disability and to enhance safe and effective care throughout their journey within the general hospital setting
By the end of this study session participants will be able to:
- Define the meaning of learning disability and how it impacts on an individual
- Describe the health issues affecting people who have a learning disability
- Discuss effective communication and the need to make “reasonable adjustments” in the general health setting
- Identify best practice guidelines as indicated in GAIN (2010) guidelines, “Caring for People with a learning disability in general hospital setting.
- Explain how to access support in acute care setting from local learning disability services.
Nurses working in acute care settings
Lecture /discussion /case scenarios
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.