Palliative Care Awareness for HCAs, NAs & Support Workers
To consider the care and support needs of patients and their families during the palliative stage of illness
At the end of the study day participants will be able to:
- Define the meaning of palliative care
- Discuss the symptoms and behaviour which may indicate the end stage of a patient's illness
- Explain essential comfort measures in the last days of life
- Outline the needs of relatives and staff caring for a patient in the palliative/end stage of illness and into bereavement
- Discuss the importance of effective communication in palliative care
HCAs, NAs, & support workers working with adult patients who may require palliative care
Lecture & Discussion
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.