Normal Birth Workshop
The aim of the workshop is to examine how midwives can support women to birth normally.
By the end of the workshop midwives will be able to:
- Discuss the current policy direction to promote normal birth in Northern Ireland
- Review the philosophy of normal birth;
- Understand the influence of the midwife, the environment, attendants, language & communication in enabling women to birth normally;
- Use knowledge and skills to support women to have a normal birth;
- Use the best available evidence, risk assessment and risk management to care for women who choose normal birth.
Lecture and Discussion
PLEASE NOTE THE WATERBIRTH WORKSHOP IS IN THE AFTERNOON AFTER THE NORMAL BIRTH WORKSHOP HOWEVER IT IS A SEPARATE SESSION SO YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR BOTH IF INTERESTED
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.