Breastfeeding: Successful Breastfeeding & Relationship Building: Update
The aim of this programme is to enable participants to enhance and update their existing knowledge in the promotion and maintenance of breastfeeding and nurturing responsive mother baby relationships.
By the end of the day the participants will be able to:
- Discuss strategies, locally and nationally which influence the uptake and sustainment of breastfeeding
- Review developments in practice which enhance breastfeeding
- Effectively support a mother to get breastfeeding off to a good start and maintain lactation if mother and baby are separated or baby is reluctant to feed
- Support responsive mother and baby relationships
- Explore and discuss the findings identified from breastfeeding audit reports
This day is intended for those who have already undertaken a two or three day breastfeeding programme.
Health professionals supporting women to breastfeed
Tutorials, group work and group discussion.
Participants are asked to bring a suitable sized doll for practical work.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Please select an appropriate time and venue and click the apply button to register for this course.
|Label||Dates & Times||Venue||Facilitator||Administrator|
Tuesday 13 March 2018
|CEC - Altnagelvin||
Friday 6 April 2018
(9.00 - 1.00)
|Daisy Hill Hospital||
Mary Jo Chesnel