Breastfeeding: Successful Breastfeeding & Relationship Building
The aim of this two day course is to enable participants to enhance their knowledge of breastfeeding in order to empower women to breastfeed successfully and to nurture responsive mother baby relationships.
These study days will enable participants to: -
- Have meaningful conversations with pregnant women and their partners regarding feeding and caring for their new baby.
- Support responsive mother and baby relationships.
- Appreciate the health benefits of breastfeeding and its implications for the health of the nation
- Use their knowledge of the psycho/physiology of breastfeeding to underpin optimum clinical practice
- Identify and use evidence based strategies which enhance breastfeeding
- Reflect on their practice with particular emphasis on the initiation, establishment and maintenance of breast feeding
- Deepen their understanding of the social and cultural factors which influence breastfeeding
- Describe the role of UNICEF, Baby Friendly Initiative, the International Code of Marketing, local and regional policies and guidelines
Midwives, Health Visitors, Nurses and Nursing Assistants who support women to breastfeed.
Tutorials, groupwork and group discussion
Following this theoretical component it is mandatory that the participant engages with an appropriate skilled facilitator in his/her clinical area, to complete a work based element enabling consolidation of learning and application in practice.
It is the responsibility of the individual practitioner to complete this component of learning.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.