Enhanced Programme For Senior Nursing Assistants (Children's)
To enhance the knowledge, skills and attitudes of the Children’s Nursing Assuistants in the safe and effective care of children with complex health needs in the community.
At the end of the programme participants will be able to:
- Effectively communicate with children and their families
- Discuss methods of management of children presenting with challenging behaviour
- Discuss the impact of public and personal attitudes to and behaviour towards a child with learning difficulties
- Have an understanding of the value of play and music in role of Support Care Worker
- Have an understanding of effective discharge from hospital
- Demonstrate an understanding of their roles and responsibilities in supporting a child with life limiting conditions
NHSCT Children's Nursing Assistants working with children with complex needs.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.