Leadership - An Introduction to Transformational Leadership and its Contribution to Person Centred Care
To equip Nurses and Midwives with the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes to recognise and embrace their leadership potential
At the end of the course the participant will be able to:
- Describe the theories of leadership and management in HSC service delivery
- Discuss the impact of leadership and management styles on service delivery
- Discuss the impact of organisational and team cultures on service delivery
- Explain the impact of personal attributes, qualities and values as core principles for person centred care delivery
- Describe how transformational Leadership can contribute to collaborative and innovative team working and care partnerships.
- Explain how to effectively employ conflict, dissent and diversity as operating principles to facilitate service improvement and person centred care delivery
- Demonstrate the skills of transformational leadership by initiating and implementing an innovative change in their workplace
This introduction to Transformational Leadership is targeted at nurses/midwives at Band 5, 6 or 7 who have, or aspire to have responsibility for leading or managing teams.
This course will provide participants with opportunities for shared learning and peer support, problem solving, insights from contemporary leaders, reflection in and on practice and personal feedback using the Myers Briggs Type Indicator, peer and mentor discussion.
Over the course of 7weeks, participants will take the lead in initiating and implementing an innovative change within their workplace.
Lectures, Seminars, Discussion, Self-directed learning, Group Work, tool kits, questionnaires, Reflective reviews.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.