TB Awareness and Administration of BCG Vaccine to Children
To ensure nursing staff gain knowledge and develop skills to enable them to deliver the TB Vaccination Programme.
After the workshop the participants will have:
- an understanding of epidemiology of TB
- an awareness of incidence of TB
- knowledge of current TB vaccination programme
- considered TB risk management
- described and demonstrated the intradermal injection technique used for Mantoux testing discussed preparation for and practiced administration of the BCG Vaccine
- discussed BCG Vaccine PGD.
Nursing staff administering BCG Vaccine to children
Lecture and Workshop
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.