Blood Results: Interpretation within a palliative care setting
To update and develop nurses knowledge base in understanding routine haematology and biochemistry blood test results and the impact of abnormal blood results on practice.
Pre-course reading material has been uploaded one month before sessions. It is an essential prerequisite of attending this session that all participants have undertaken the pre course reading.
During the course the participants will be actively engaged in::
- Identify and address any issues arising from pre reading/ preparatory work for session
- Based on a case study approach, through facilitated group work and interactive discussion, explore abnormalities in routine haematology and biochemistry blood test results
- Identify and recognise abnormal blood test results and relate to your patient group within palliative care setting
- Consider the impact of abnormal blood results’ on clinical practice within palliative care setting
- Feedback to larger group and facilitator on the implications of abnormal blood test results on patient requiring palliative care
Teacher Facilitation and Presentation
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.