Alcohol Misuse in the Acute Hospital Setting - An Introduction
To provide participants with the knowledge to assess and manage patients in the acute hospital environment who misuse alcohol.
By the end of this day the participants will be able to:
- Acknowledge the factors that contribute to the development of substance misuse
- Identify the most commonly misused substances and the effects of each
- Explore the use of screening tools on the assessment of the person who misuses alcohol
- Explore the impact of harm reduction and brief intervention in the management of the person who misuses alcohol
- Describe the detoxification programme for individuals who misuse substances
Lecture & discussion.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.