The aim of the workshop is to enhance the midwives skill and practice in assessing and repairing perineal trauma.
- Apply the knowledge and have an increased understanding of the anatomy and function of the pelvic floor in relation to perineal trauma and repair.
- Describe the principles which underpin suturing of the perineum.
- Discuss the preferred methods of perineal suturing and suture materials from an evidenced based perspective.
- Practice the skill of perineal suturing within the classroom environment.
- Discuss short and long term morbidity issues associated with perineal trauma.
Lecture, discussion and practice workshops
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates