Professional Development Programme for Registered Staff Nurses and Registered Midwives within SHSCT (Leading to The Foundation in Quality Improvement Qualification)
The aim of this programme is to equip Southern Health and Social Care Trust (SHSCT) Registered Staff Nurses and Registered Midwives with the knowledge and skills to facilitate their potential career progression.
During this professional development programme participants will have the opportunity to:-
- Appreciate the anticipated impact of key regional drivers on the service delivery provided by SHSCT.
- Understand their role, and that of others, as team players within the multi professional context working across boundaries of care.
- Reflect upon their role in facilitating a supportive and effective environment that enables staff and students to demonstrate ongoing learning and development.
- Recognise the importance of their role in monitoring and maintaining standards of care in adherence with SHSCT codes, policies and protocols, to ensure the provision of safe and effective person-centred care.
- Reflect on the importance of involvement and partnership working with the public, patients, clients and their carers to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Recognise and describe the lines of professional and organisational accountability, staff supervision, and, support development processes within a multi professional team environment.
- Identify the principles of leadership and management and their application to their professional practice.
- Recognise the impact of effective change management processes, and, appreciate their contribution of service improvements.
- Understand the principles of effective resource management within allocated budgetary constraints.
- Demonstrate the application of evidence-based findings to service improvement and development of practice through the delivery of a quality service improvement project leading to a Certificate in Quality Improvement.
Registered Staff Nurses and Registered Midwives in the Southern Health & Social Care Trust
Only staff nominated by their Line Manager can apply and must attend all dates.
Teacher facilitation, supported by group discussion.
Service Improvement Project Presentations by participants will be held on 4 April 2019
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.