Professional Development Programme for Registered Staff Nurses and Registered Staff Midwives within SHSCT
The aim of this programme is to support and develop Southern Health and Social Care Trust (SHSCT) Registered Staff Nurses and Registered Midwives for their potential career progression pathway
During this professional development programme participants will have the opportunity to:-
- Appreciate the anticipated impact of key regional drivers (including Transforming Your Care) on the service delivery provided by SHSCT
- Recognise the importance of their role in monitoring and maintaining standards of care in adherence with SHSCT codes, policies and protocols, to ensure the provision of safe and effective person-centred care
- Reflect on the importance of involvement and partnership working with the public, patients, clients and their carers.
- Recognise and describe the lines of professional and organisational accountability, staff supervision and support development processes within a multi professional team environment.
- Understand their role, and that of others, as team players within the multi professional context working across boundaries of care.
- Identify the principles of leadership and management and their applicaiton to their professional practice.
- Recognise the impact of effective change management processes, and, appreciate their contribution to service improvements
- Understand the principels of effective resource management within allcoated budgetary constraints
- Appreciate their role in ensuring effective risk maangement processes
- Reflect upon their role in facilitating a supportive and effective environment that enables staff and students to demonstrate ongoing learning and development
- Demonstrate the application of evidence-based findings to service improvement and development of practice through the delivery of a service improvement project presentation
Registered Staff Nurses and Registered Midwives in the Southern Health & Social Care Trust
Nominations to be forwarded by line manager to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02838 833348. Following approval from Wendy, only then can staff apply on our website www.cec.hscni.net
Teacher facilitation, supported by group discussion.
Service Improvement Project Presentations by participants will be held on 25th April 2017
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.