To provide staff with the appropriate knowledge and endorsed procedural guidelines, to help ensure ear irrigation is performed in a safe and effective manner.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe the normal & abnormal anatomy/physiology of the ear
- Discuss how to examine the ears
- List the indications/contraindications for ear irrigation
- Describe the procedure for ear irrigation
- Discuss the risks associated with the procedure
- Explore relevant Trust policies/patient consent/documentation.
Midwives and Nurses on all parts of the professional register.
A combination of theory and simulated practice.
Please Note: Following this theoretical component the participant must engage with an appropriate skilled practitioner, in his/her clinical area, to further develop a greater knowledge and understanding of this person-centred care activity. This will involve supervised practice in ‘Ear Irrigation’ which should be completed within a 3 month period to consolidate learning and application to practice. It is the responsibility of the individual participant to complete this activity and to confirm completion with his/her line manager.
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Sorry, there are currently no further dates scheduled for this programme. However, if you would like you may register your interest.