Challenging Behaviour - Relationships in Learning Disability Services
Increase Learning Disability Service Practitioner's awareness of the key issues in dealing with and maintaining effective relationships with individuals whose behaviour challenges.
By the end of this study day, participants will have:
- Considered content of NICE guidelines 11 (2015) and other relevant guidance
- Defined & describe the meaning of C.B in Learning Disability
- Listed range of behaviours viewed as challenging
- Outlined possible causes (reasons and functions) of C.B
- Considered the ethos of Positive Behaviour Support
- Examined strategies for prediction & prevention
- Discussed various approaches to practical management and responses
- Reflected upon the impact of behaviours on relationships
- Considered Safeguarding Adults positions
All professionals working with people with a Learning disability
Lecture, groupwork, media share (including service user perspective) and reflection
Please note you will be informed in advance if there is a direct cost to you or your organisation for your attendance at this programme.
Back to Top for Course Dates
Please select an appropriate time and venue and click the apply button to register for this course.
|Label||Dates & Times||Venue||Facilitator||Administrator|
Thursday, 29 November, 2018
(9.30 - 4.30)
|CEC - Antrim||
Friday, 18 January, 2019
(9.30 - 4.30)
|CEC - Belfast||